IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

Web site problem

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Web site problem

Post by ToMasz »

What has caused KT website problem?
I hope it wasn't an attack.
Attachments
KT-web.jpg
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

Huh! Did not spot that as I usually login directly to /phpBB2.
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

10,000,000+ visitors?
Attachments
Visitors.jpg
Visitors.jpg (3.31 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

The service provider (one.com) seems to have messed things with a php upgrade.
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

They upgraded to php5.3... now they gave me a warning about doing so, but then again, they don't realize what they do... one.com sucks!
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

It seems that the problems are also template related.

In case you notice something wrong with phpbb board, just let me know... So far, phpbb seems to be functioning well, which is a good thing. I may manage to make custom "hacks" in joomla and skip the overall upgrade.

greetings
giannis
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

The Joomla frontpage is down for me...
I had to enter here using the direct URL (http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2 or http://www.kerkythea.net/forum)...
giannis wrote:...one.com sucks!
:-k Really... Isn't this a bit harsh...??
What did we have prior to one.com...?? :?

IMHO - and in fairness - I feel that we've had very few issues over the years the kerkythea.net domain have been registered at one.com...

I've had much more issues with domains registered at 1&1 - and they should be the best web-host service provider... :|

I know that one.com have switched servers, routers and other hardware to IBM (going from Hewlet Packard) and I received a very technical mail where they first of all excused but also providing informing about what issues they've been having with the new hardware...
It's my understanding that they're working close together with IBM to illiminate these issues and find a solution...

Couldn't this have been avoided if we had upgraded the Joomla version running on kerkythea.net...??

Bob (aka Greyhead) and myself worked hard on an upgrade of the KT-website, where we upgraded both Joomla as well as phpBB...
This was done on the kerkythea.org domain, which was hosted at 1&1.com unfortunately to no avail, since you chose to drop the .org domain and all the hard work Bob had made was lost... :(
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

Not sure if anybody has been working on Joomla or if it's one.com who have made some further updates, but at least it seem to work now... :)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

giannis fixed part of the code... still some elements are missing, like news. But I think (and hope) that the site will survive a moment. A Joomla & phpBB upgrade is really in need.