IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

art-atel re-posting KT content

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

art-atel re-posting KT content

Post by Fletch »

http://www.art-atel.com/htm/program/oth ... ry_mod.htm
who the h-e-double-toothpicks is THIS?!
anyone care to talk w/ them about re-posting all our stuff?!

and why can't our site be as organized as theirs?!
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

Before I forward a mail to this guy (Steffen O. Rumpf) we need to agree what we can allow and what we can't... ;)

In general I have no problem that he's linking to our site, but some of the links (i.e. the one to the Getting Started tutorial) is pointing direct to the pdf-document located on the kerkythea.org domain, which means that whenever a user download from his web-site, it's not meassured in our statistics... :(

Any one else have any comments..???
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Hi there,

@kim: The kerkythea.org site should probably come down. It's not doing anything there. I think that those files are there as part of the process of transferring sites around.

@fletch: we started re-organising a little with the site transfer but since Giannis made it clear that he had no interest in the work it stopped. He doubtless has some better plans for new site but frankly I wouldn't hold my breath.

Happy Xmas & best wishes for 2009!

Bob
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

It needs to state CLEARLY at all download points that RE-POSTING links directly to our content is strictly forbidden. That they are welcome to link to a section (such as models or downloads) but not directly to the files.

as a side note, I would not speak too harshly to the person, ... be respectful.
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Hi Fletch,

It's not a problem with files in the Repositary as there is no way to link to them directly.

Bob
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

There is no way to forbid "deep linking", these are just links. Only thing that can be forbid is publishing copyrighted material (images and so). Generally "deep linking" in a greater measures it not concerned a nice behavior and there are ways to stop it - if wanted.
Anyhow it would be interesting to know motives of this particular site... a quick look gives me that he is doing it in a good faith. He really have collected plenty of info/links.
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

I would just ask him to modify links so they are not direct (as it is done with SU2KT).

Tomasz
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

ToMasz wrote:I would just ask him to modify links so they are not direct (as it is done with SU2KT).

Tomasz
Agree!