IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

Gallery missing major images

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Gallery missing major images

Post by Fletch »

our gallery is seriously lacking.

I have now asked Jon and Alex "do you have permissions/ability/time to update it w/ any images you think appropriate?"

but I also ask here... anyone with time/knowledge/ability to do so, can we get some of these great images into the gallery please?

I'm thinking of Jon's KT drumset, and other incredible images he's done that should be there, and also of Rangerrick's images... anyway, there are many great renders that deserve to be in the gallery. I think people want to see their stuff in the gallery, and it encourages them to 'try' when they think they can one day see something they've done put there...

anyone want to take ownership of this?

Alex said he may have time after his exams in a couple weeks. I'm hoping someone can pick it up sooner.

Also, the materials section has a sticky I made that attempts to make a master list of all the materials posted and with their creator's names... linking to the post where they can be found. If anyone will please help once in a while expand the list it would be greatly appreciated, not to mention quite useful for everyone.
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

I can update the Monoslideshow on the front page with some new renders and take out some of the old stuff, which really doesn't compliment the great abilities of KT 2008 Echo... ;)

Besides... I believe many will be pleased if we have some new images to look at in the Monoslideshow... ;)
Fletch wrote:I'm thinking of Jon's KT drumset
I found Jon's Drum Set thread, however, since it still seem to be WIP and the drum set actually never was rendered as a set, but only as seperate parts, I'm a bit confused about how to do this... :?
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
Jon
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Jon »

Frederik wrote: I found Jon's Drum Set thread, however, since it still seem to be WIP and the drum set actually never was rendered as a set, but only as seperate parts, I'm a bit confused about how to do this... :?
I should probably get on that. :-w
Jon
"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
~Robert Fripp
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

it was an example... no need to post something unfinished... there are great renders... plenty of them, IMHO... LIKE RangerRick's and others by even Alex... whomever... anyway... I do not intend you to do so, Kim, I think it would be fun for Jon to have something to broaden his responsibilities... stretch his legs. I would like to ask Ioannis or someone to give Jon ability/instructions for updating the gallery.

Kim, if you can handle the monoslideshow- great. though I bet Jon could figure that out too... but I really think we should all share the responsibilities.

I would like Sintra or others to help get the master list for the materials together in the forum's mat. section.

sorry, I just can't do it right now.
sintra
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by sintra »

I would like Sintra or others to help get the master list for the materials together in the forum's mat. section.
I will take a look at this the next few days are you just wanting a comprehensive list of materials compiling Fletch :)
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

Hi Darren, yes, it's well under way - please see this.
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

The Monoslideshow on the front page has been updated... :D

Many renders have been taken out and been replaced by new...
In addition, I've added two new albums (Various + vehicles)...

Please let me know what you think... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

With a quick look monoslideshow do give now a better impression.
sintra
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by sintra »

yes looks much better now Fred, its funny you tend to forget about all the good renders that have been done with latest release :thumbsup:
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

\:D/ thanks for that, Kim! ... it's coming along nicely!

still a few in the monoslideshow I'd eliminate: from galleries and slideshows:

My night shot of the curving metal wall (I need to re-render that)
the blue pool room (if it were white it'd be ok... but it's really not that great of a rendering, considering the amazing skillz of the guy that did it... no offense!)
the old exterior of the house with porch and chimney... looks to me like it was made of paper.... and all sharp edges...
several others that are not as good as I know we have around here...

need to add Gistman's night shot, IMHO... and many by Alex or Avariant, or others are not there...sorry I will try to give you links. Was hoping Jon or others could give recommendations.

:?
we have a vehicles section already called "transportation"
I see you've appeared to have added them at the .org... was this on purpose?
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

I fully agree with you about additional renders that should be removed... ;)

Please note: So far I've only concentrated on renders in the Galleries - Finished Projects section...
But I'm aware that there's many other great renders in the Galleries - Work in Progress... (Gistman's night shot being one of them... ;) )

I will continue this work updating the Monoslideshow during the next couple of days/weeks... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

alex
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by alex »

Monoslideshow looks great, but for some reason I see only a part of the image (zoomed in) which is very pixelized...
Alexandre Bagros-Murat

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

alex wrote:Monoslideshow looks great, but for some reason I see only a part of the image (zoomed in) which is very pixelized...
Almost sounds like you have a high resolution wide screen monitor and web browser maximized. Monoslideshow do to fit images to it's frame, that is fit to column with. Try to resize the browser so that Monoslideshow window is about 2:3 aspect ratio. Just a feature, don't know if that can be fixed...
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

alex wrote:Monoslideshow looks great, but for some reason I see only a part of the image (zoomed in) which is very pixelized...
I'm aware that some of the images in the new "Various" album doesn't look that good... :|
This has to do with how the renders are made... Hight vs. width...
Will see what I can do about it... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik