IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

Website issues and requests

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

Frederik wrote:ALARM..!!

Bob, can you somehow please make the new web-site on kerkythea.org invisible or something..??

I was just browsing around when I saw that another user was browsing the forum... :shock: :O

In the attached screendump, I was logged on as "Guest"...!!
Might been some of the team... For example I did visit there several times during the day. But, seems that if one do search "Kerkythea" at Google, kerkythea.org do display 9th!
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

@kim: I've disabled the new forums for the moment. I'll add an 'under construction message tomorrow' There don't seem to have been many visitors other than you and me a dozen in total in the last few days.

I've also set the site to off-line but it doesn't seem to have made any difference - perhaps because I'm still logged in. (Yes, once I logout it's not available.)

I don't think that 'invisibility' is an option unfortunately unless anyone has any suggestions??

Bob

PS Sorry, I took this site offline for a few minutes by mistake - logged into the wrong kerkythea.

PPS Busy on other things to day but still struggling with the Gallery :-( upgrading the version here failed, trying to restore from the backup now.
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

I was wondering why Kerkythea.org was 'live' for the world to see... :lol:
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

GreyHead wrote:@kim: I've disabled the new forums for the moment. I'll add an 'under construction message tomorrow'
THANKT, Bob..!! :thumbsup:
GreyHead wrote:There don't seem to have been many visitors other than you and me a dozen in total in the last few days.
I know... And I'm not worried about it, I just wanted to say that yesterday when I was browsing around, I saw "an outsider" visiting as well...
People are just sooooo nosy... :lol:
GreyHead wrote:I've also set the site to off-line but it doesn't seem to have made any difference - perhaps because I'm still logged in. (Yes, once I logout it's not available.)
I'm not sure about this... :?
All I had to do was to enter my username and password and voilá I was logged in and could browse around... :|
GreyHead wrote:I don't think that 'invisibility' is an option unfortunately unless anyone has any suggestions??
What about just having a standard "index" page telling that this site is under construction or something alike...??
And then have another "index.php" (could be a "bob.php" file and then you would need to enter http://www.kerkythea.org/bob.php to enter... ;) )...
GreyHead wrote:Busy on other things to day but still struggling with the Gallery :-( upgrading the version here failed, trying to restore from the backup now.
I'm sorry to hear that it gives you so much pain... :(
Wish I could help you somehow...!

Please let me know if there's anything I can do... ;)
Last edited by Frederik on Thu May 22, 2008 5:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

notareal wrote:Might been some of the team...
If you had taken your time and clicked the screen-dump I had attached in my post, you would have noticed that a user named Goyoes was logged in together with me... ;)

This user is also active here at this site, but is apparently a very nosy person... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

:rofl: Well, I did look the screen capture but seems I missed this. Anyhow, it's better to keep dev site hidden. Maybe they could be some ulr obfuscation
www.kerkythea.org/dev/joomla or what ever :) So that www.kerkythea.org would give some 404 error but development website would still be available trough a hidden url.
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

I'm sorry - I have enough problems with multiple sites, databases and urls already without adding more hoops to jump through. I'll leave the site off-line as much as possible.

@Kim: I think that you and I can login any time as super-administrators - would be interested to hear who else can or can't get access through the 'Site Down' login.

Update: the Gallery here now appears to be working OK. I deleted all the application files and restored them from a backup.

The new Gallery is online at http://www.kerkythea.org/gallery2/ It's running on the default theme and not yet linked into Joomla so you can't login (and may not be able to see anything) and only half the images re-uploaded so far. I'm putting them back by hand as the upgrade here failed.

Bob
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

GreyHead wrote: @Kim: I think that you and I can login any time as super-administrators - would be interested to hear who else can or can't get access through the 'Site Down' login.
Registered User users wont be able to login. Not sure about the rest, if any then most likely managers and administrators as they have access to some Back-end functions.
sintra
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by sintra »

Hi Bob,
would be interested to hear who else can or can't get access through the 'Site Down' login.
I am not able to login at www.kerkythea.org :wink:

I am able to view http://www.kerkythea.org/gallery2/ though :wink:
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Update: All the images from the current Gallery are now in the new Gallery. The bridge to Joomla is installed but I can't get it to work yet :-(

Bob
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

re: http://www.kerkythea.org/gallery2/ great job, Greyhead!

too bad that gallery template looks so clunky/unprofessional... KaTie deserves something much sexier. :roll: I've not even really been impressed with it even with the color scheme as it is now.

but it's not bad! it's just not 'hi-end' looking... don't mean to sound negative - I'm really not if you could hear my voice! :D
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

I second that... GREAT JOB, Bob..!! =D>
Fletch wrote:too bad that gallery template looks so clunky/unprofessional... KaTie deserves something much sexier.
I fully agree with you Fletch, but the Gallery2 can be made much sexier...!! ;)

Have you taken a look at the Indigo Gallery..??
To me that looks far more sexier and it's the Gallery2 as well... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

Indigo gallery looks fine.

One other thing, looks like that they don't use wrapper (or it's well hidden). The forum and the gallery do look like integrated part of the site, not wrapped add-on!
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Yup, the Gallery is just 'out of the box' it comes with wto templates and this is the better of them. I did try some colour-ways very briefly and they were horrid :-( so focused on getting the content over there today.

Once the mechanics work there's time to play with the look and feel (tempting but I'm trying to keep away from it mostly).

Bob

PS Just trying to upgrade the new Gallery to the latest svn for a little experiment so it may be bumpy tonight.
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

Do you happen to know a way to use phpBB and gallery2 without wrapper, I posted here a link to some guide - but I am not sure if these would work with Joomla 1.5.

(seems that phpBB link is dead now)