IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

Website issues and requests

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

GreyHead wrote:Any more thoughts on redirecting the kerkythea.net domain? It might be useful to know before too long.
I'm working on it... ;)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Ahhhhhh . . . nothing here is straightforward!!!

:notworking: :notworking: :notworking: :notworking:

To transfer Gallery to the new server they say that you should update the current installation to the same release . . . fair enough. That's 2.0.2 to 2.2.4 so I've uploaded all the new files and go to run the upgrader only to get a stack of error messages. It seems that the current site is running under PHP safe mode and Gallery doesn't run under safe mode (at least not the standard releases).

I guess that a special patched version was installed here . . . I've found some patches that might do it and will try those in the morning. Meanwhile the Gallery here is down for maintenance.

If the worst comes to the worst I'll just reinstall from scratch on the new server (I've already transferred all the images over).

Bob
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

When using IE as browser, I keep getting this pop-up message saying that Internet Explorer can't open the site http://www.kerkythea.org...
And then when I hit the OK button, I get this screen showing "IE can't show this website"... :?

I also had this problem a couple of times yesterday, but that seemed to be while you were working on it, and after a while I got the access...
But today it's been like this throughout the day... :cry:
(Both here at my home as well as at my office...)

In Mozilla Firefox, I don't have this issue... :?
GreyHead wrote:It doens't look as though this template supports font and screen width changes, at least I can't see them at the moment. I'll keep looking.
Prior to moving the KT stuff in the template, there was such an option in the top... ;)
You could even choose your own color combination... 8)
Cheers
Kim Frederik

sintra
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by sintra »

Getting same error message fred and using internet expoler :wink:
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
alex
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by alex »

using safari and no problem...
Alexandre Bagros-Murat

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Is that IE6 in both cases? There is a toggle in the template settings that says 'Enable IE6 warning' but it doesn't say what it's warning about. I've set it to enabled from disabled - let me know if it says anything please.

I'm on FireFox and a barebones IE7. The site looks fine in both though I get a 'Please install Flash and turn on Javascript.' message from the slideshow in IE7 (no flash installed).

Opera 9 looks good, and Safari 3.1.1. on Windows. I don't think I have IE6 any more - I'll see if I can reinstall it alongside IE7.

Bob

PS Found in the small print "Fully compatible IE7, Safari 2, Firefox 1.5+, Opera 9, OmniWeb, Shira, Netscape.(Due the advanced web techniques used in Chromatophore, Internet Explorer 6 support is limited. The template is compatible with IE6 and will function properly, however some of the graphics and visual effects have been reduced.)"
sintra
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by sintra »

Im back on now Bob :wink:

PS its IE7 i use :wink:
Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

Thanks - a bit weird, I turned off the "RokZoom" - don't know what it is but if that solves the problem it can stay off.

I'll experiment tomorrow.

Bob
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

sucks... I like RokZoom... I think...
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

Just to clarify... I use IE6 at my office and IE7 at home... ;)
But now it works for me as well... :thumbsup:
Fletch wrote:sucks... I like RokZoom... I think...
:rofl: just because of the name - or..?? :lol:
Cheers
Kim Frederik

GreyHead
KT-Explorer

Post by GreyHead »

RokZoom tutorial is here . . .

Bob
alex
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by alex »

Rokzoom is indeed a very cool feature...
I opened the demo page with IE7 => the image opened in a new page when clicking (but no bug)
With Safari => it shows as expected..
Alexandre Bagros-Murat

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
notareal
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by notareal »

Seems that Rokzoom do want to open images in a new tab with IE7. Firefox is fine with it. If you find a way to tinker how Rokzoom behaves with IE7, I would really like to see it used.
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

:lol:
I looked at RokZoom like a year ago, and it was my 'favorite' feature of the new template... but as my memory is so pitiful, I couldn't remember for sure if RokZoom was the feature I liked so much.

It appears that yes, RokZoom is the cool feature I liked.

If you use Firefox, the add-on called 'Piclens' is amazing. Makes searching Google images a thrilling and very quick/productive experience! Wish I could look at the WIPs of the forum with Piclens.
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

ALARM..!!

Bob, can you somehow please make the new web-site on kerkythea.org invisible or something..??

I was just browsing around when I saw that another user was browsing the forum... :shock: :O

In the attached screendump, I was logged on as "Guest"...!!
Attachments
new-web.jpg
Cheers
Kim Frederik