IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

The interview of the week/month

Talks about web site construction, changes and administration, public relations and permissions.

Moderators: Rafa, ModeratorGroup

Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

Fletch wrote:I will be surprised if Patrick shows us his picture...
Well - I don't recall having seen an image of ToMasz either... :? :lol:

Will be good to see some images of fellow team members... ;)

Cheers
Kim Frederik
McHannemann
KT-Explorer

Post by McHannemann »

Hm... Fletch... that one comes from my Job
due to my traveling I picked that up in Brazil :-D

Thor
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

Fletch wrote:
McHannemann wrote: Giannis,
Tomasz is a perfect first target... and Patrick next... I will be surprised if Patrick shows us his picture... :)
i believe that it will be very interesting for the site to have interviews
and not only "downloads".
The questionaire does not contain SUExporter questions (we should
add 1-2 for the exporter). But i really believe in the power of photos,
and i 'd like to see them!
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

Tomasz,

what happened?
i am serious on the interview thing... ;)
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

I have just moved to new house with my family and I am waiting for internet connection. It is almost ready.. Sorry for the delay.

Tomasz
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

no problem.

i only feared that you thought i was joking about interviews! :lol:
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

PRELIMINARY ISSUE:
Fletch please edit it English-wise ;) it necessary

1. What do you do in real life? or Tell us a few words about yourself!

I am 30 years old polish architect currently living in Ireland. I am currently working with an architectural practice in Galway. It was quite big challenge for me to move with my family three years ago. Now I have settled well and local building regulations don't scare me.

2. How and when did you first discover Kerkythea? (copied from Blender)

Claudio Pilustrelli (Clipi) was the messenger. He has shown few rendering done in Kerkythea at SkecthUp Forum. I was looking for good freeware, powerful and simple renderer. I have found KT. My first version I have used was 1.2.04. It have had very simple user interface. It was quite hard do rotate the view and position lights etc. What has attracted me was easy import from SU through OBJ files. The speed was also nice. I had no experience with GI rendering program at all. I had a feeling that it is the software for me. I was so happy it was free for commercial use when I found it.

3. How do you find architecture evolving in the future?
What's the relation between architecture & rendering?

I see architecture and art evolving as it was in the past. Some things become to common so there is always a need to add or change something. For sure the architecture will be more aware of all environmental aspects of its presence, will make use of energy more efficient.

The essence of architecture and rendering is in light. The light makes architecture possible to perceive by your sight. Correct, physically accurate light distribution makes our virtual models believable it brings them to life before they are built.

4. How can lighting simulation help architecture?

Most obvious purpose of architectural rendering is to convince an audience that your vision is worth investing time and money, to convince that an architect has an imagination and it doesn't deceive him\her. Personally I have many ideas, visions that won't be build but I would like to see them, confront my imagination with virtual reality. People in my office when they see my 'Tower' image ask "Where is that?" or "Architects have strange ideas". I love three dimensions and ability to shape it to suit somebody's needs. It is always a challenge and the natural light is extremely important in it.

5. What are your most used materials? (both in arch & renders,
i am sure that many architects here would like to know about
your arch technotropy).

I love natural materials - wood & stone. I am not afraid of using steel and glass but I am always trying to find proper balance between them. I like simple forms emphasizing the space they are defining.

6. How do you see the evolution of Kerkythea & SketchUp exporter?

I believe KT will become very popular and will have multiple add-ons etc. It will be big advantage when KT will be available for MAC. Many SU users are using OSX and for sure will be great support for KT community. I would like to bring SU2KT to that stage when there won't be serious bugs in exporting. I have asked for SketchUp SDK which should help bringing SU even closer to KT.

7. What's your best movie? best dish? hobbies?

I like "The Last of the Mohicans", "The Mission", "The Game". I like italian food. I master a pizza dough. It is getting better and better. I love playing basketball and riding a bike. Programming is my hobby. I have started in late 80's to program in Basic then in Z80 assembler. I am trying to get a grip on Ruby and C++ now.

8. Whats you favourite feature inside Kerkythea?

I love multiple rendering options starting from depth render through mask render, ray tracing .. photon mapping.. PPT.. BiPT .. MLT .. It is so amazing for me that Giannis managed to include them all. I really admire his job.

Tomasz
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

thanks Tomasz,
i'll put them in a doc file, hopefully with fixes from a native english speaker (Fletch?),
and re-send it back to you to see the last version.

for this to be more "real", can we add some photos? perhaps,
a couple of yourself, and then a couple of renders (like the dice).
Ofcourse, it's up to you (you may not want to), but i finally think
that it should be that way - when my time comes at least, i'll add
a couple photos ;)

giannis
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

Sure It is a text only, I will bring photos. I have pasted it just to find out what you think.

How will it be presented? I thought it will be on our web page as additional page? Am I right? I want to prepare whole layout to match new site theme.
So please Giannis let me know how you see it and I will prepare whole thing with pictures and images :) Does it need to be HTML?

Tomasz
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

More or less, yes it has to be HTML. This will have an introduction
in our news section and then the link will forward to a page with
the whole interview. I believe that we should have a full section
(called "WhoIs" or something) where our interviews will be stored.

The page though will be written in joomla (which accepts HTML)
but to tell you the truth we will have to run some tests first to
see that the format, pictures & everything matches. Regarding
the color scheme you don't have to do something there, once
is given inside joomla, then it will be fitting inside the template
without any problems.

greetings
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

sorry guys, had a major weekend at work...
here's my to-do list:
edit for Tomasz (I do see a few, but overall it's good! much better than my Polish! :lol:)

get the announcement/review to Vizdepot

get my train station model to Tomasz

get my 'bug' report properly documented and emailed to Giannis.
Fletch
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Fletch »

check one off of my list ;)

1. What do you do in real life? or Tell us a few words about yourself!

I am a 30 year old Polish architect currently living in Ireland. I am currently working with an architectural practice in Galway. It was quite a big challenge for me to move with my family three years ago. Now I have settled well and local building regulations don't scare me.

2. How and when did you first discover Kerkythea? (copied from Blender) *edit*why does this say "copied from Blender"?***

Claudio Pilustrelli (Clipi) was the messenger. He had shown a few rendering done in Kerkythea at the SketchUp Forum. I was looking for a good freeware, powerful and simple renderer. I have found KT. My first version I used was 1.2.04. It had a very simple user interface. It was quite hard to rotate the view and position lights etc. What had attracted me was easy import from SU through OBJ files. The speed was also nice. I had no experience with GI rendering program at all. I had a feeling that it was the software for me. I was so happy it was free for commercial use when I found it.

3. How do you find architecture evolving in the future?
What's the relation between architecture & rendering?

I see architecture and art evolving as it was in the past. Some things become too common so there is always a need to add or change something. For sure the architecture will be more aware of all environmental aspects of its presence, will use energy more efficiently.

The essence of architecture and rendering is in light. The light makes architecture possible to perceive by your sight. Correct, physically accurate light distribution makes our virtual models believable it brings them to life before they are built.

4. How can lighting simulation help architecture?

Most obvious purpose of architectural rendering is to convince an audience that your vision is worth investing time and money, to convince that an architect has an imagination and it doesn't deceive him\her. Personally I have many ideas, visions that won't be built but I would like to see them, confront my imagination with virtual reality. People in my office when they see my 'Tower' image ask "Where is that?" or "Architects have strange ideas". I love three dimensions and the ability to shape it to suit somebody's needs. It is always a challenge and the natural light is extremely important in it.

5. What are your most used materials? (both in arch & renders,
I am sure that many architects here would like to know about
your arch ***[[techno ropy]]- this term does not mean anything to me! - Fletch***.

I love natural materials - wood & stone. I am not afraid of using steel and glass but I am always trying to find proper balance between them. I like simple forms emphasizing the space they are defining.

6. How do you see the evolution of Kerkythea & SketchUp exporter?

I believe KT will become very popular and will have multiple add-ons etc. It will be big advantage when KT will be available for MAC. Many SU users are using OSX and for sure will be great support for KT community. I would like to bring SU2KT to that stage when there won't be serious bugs in exporting. I have asked for the SketchUp SDK which should help bring SU even closer to KT.

7. What's your favorite movie? Favorite dish? Hobbies?

I like "The Last of the Mohicans", "The Mission", "The Game". I like Italian food. I have mastered a pizza dough. It is getting better and better. I love playing basketball and riding a bike. Programming is my hobby. I started in late 80's to program in Basic then in Z80 assembler. I am trying to get a grip on Ruby and C++ now.

8. What’s your favorite feature inside Kerkythea?

I love multiple rendering options starting from depth render through mask render, ray tracing .. photon mapping.. PPT.. BiPT .. MLT .. It is so amazing for me that Giannis managed to include them all. I really admire his work.

Tomasz
giannis
Site Admin

Post by giannis »

the "Copied from Blender" will be removed ofcourse.

One thing that i want from the interviews is NOT to be very
much kt oriented. In the above interview i see at least 3 questions
about kt and that's more than enough. So, i think that the last
one "favourite feature" should be removed and instead add
a more "personal" question.
Frederik
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by Frederik »

What happened to this..?? :?

Just wondering..... ;)
ToMasz
KT-Team
KT-Team

Post by ToMasz »

I have added two pictures, three renderings and posted to Giannis. The text
was roughly formatted and a font wasn't our website one. Clipi was going
to take care of final website HTML design. I believe he will add it soon.

Tomasz :)