IMPORTANT: The forum is in Read-Only mode and registrations have been disabled.

Export from sketchup to kerkythea problems

Specific questions and integration with SketchUp

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

cascais

Export from sketchup to kerkythea problems

Post by cascais »

hello, I created a model in sketchup with 48 houses, the file size is 200MB now I'm having trouble exporting to sketchup. when I erase half of the model is possible to export them without a problem, how long export the full file (200MB) simply 'does not export.

Anyone can help me?

Thank you very much
Last edited by cascais on Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massimo
KT-Wizard

Post by massimo »

Hi, first of all there is no need to write in bold and coloured mode in order to be heeded and second, please, do not duplicate posts with the same problem. :wink:
Now back to your issue, you can use the "merge" feature in KT. Just export a smaller part of your model and don't open it in KT. Then export a second part and so on. Then open the first exported part in KT go to file-->merge and load the second part. Do it again until you have the entire model in KT.
Also remember that in SU is preferable using components if you have same objects in order to decrease the file size. :)
cascais

Thanks for the help

Post by cascais »

First I want to thank you for the help, this solved my problem.
In relation to type with colors and bold, I can't see any inconvenience, so why is there such a possibility?
I posted the same post twice because I found a topic that seemed to me more appropriate to the subject.
I'm new in this forum, and the first time I ask for help immediately criticized for writing in blue, bold and repeated the post.
I apologize for big annoyance.

Thank you very much for your help.
massimo
KT-Wizard

Post by massimo »

I'm new in this forum, and the first time I ask for help immediately criticized for writing in blue, bold and repeated the post.
I apologize for big annoyance.
Not a big annoyance and no need to apologize. I was just pointing out that writing in bold/caps mode is considered a bit rude in forums (something like you're shouting) if not necessary.
Anyway I'm glad you solved your problem. :grin:
Oh and :welcome: