FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Help! Can't install libraries!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

rjhuber

Post Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:31 pm

Help! Can't install libraries!

I had to do a complete re-install of Windows on my comp and as such had to re-install all programs I had installed.

Since I've re-installed Kerythea I can not install any of the libraries I've downloaded from the Kerkythea web site as I've done several times before.

I've tried using Files > Install and get a message about can not extract library type!
Library_Installation.JPG

I've tried using Settings > Materials > Open > Import and get a message about library already exists!
If it exists where is it located and why doesn't show up in Kerkythea?
Error.JPG

I've tried several library files (*.mat.zip) both ways and in every instance I get the same messages. This is directly after downloading them from the Kerkythea web site.

I also do not have any of the pre-set render settings. I've been using K for a few years now and have not had any of these issues.

Things I've tried:
- Run K as adim
- Signed in as adim and ran K
- Gave myself full rights and ownership of all folders/files in both

C:\Program Files\Kerkythea Rendering System
AND
C:\ProgramData\Kerkythea

Nothing I've tried has worked. So, any insight into this would be very much appreciated .
<<

TipsyDog

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:19 am

Re: Help! Can't install libraries!

In the material name delete "(1)" after ".mat", it prevents to recognize the extension. For pre-sets: paste dir. "RenderSettings" from "C:\Program Files\Kerkythea Rendering System" to "C:\ProgramData\Kerkythea" (Or vice versa, I do not remember exactly)
<<

TipsyDog

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 6:21 am

And read the FAQ, there all your problems are described
<<

rjhuber

Post Fri Jul 07, 2017 2:38 pm

Yeah, the (1) after mat doesn't matter.
Library_Installation.JPG
Library_Installation.JPG (17.83 KiB) Viewed 10543 times
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:33 pm

most likely your computer is not giving KT permissions to change the Program Files folder.
Fletch wrote:When installing a material library fails using Windows 7, or when you try to save a material library and you get an error message that the library can not be saved:

This is likely a problem with permissions - Kerkythea, when running under your user account, does not have permission to change anything in the Kerkythea program folder... such as creating a material library.

It is not too difficult to give the permissions - you don't give permission to Kerkythea, but you give permission to the User Account on the machine.

Right-click the Kerkythea Program folder (probably found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerkythea Rendering System) and choose "Properties" then follow the steps listed here but you probably need to do this for your User Account, not for the Administrator account:
http://www.wikihow.com/Change-File-Perm ... -Windows-7

Use google to search for your computer system if you are using Vista or Windows 8 or 10 or other.

you can manually unzip the files into this location, and they should work fine.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Kerkythea Rendering System\MaterialEditor\Libraries
Attachments
KTlibs.png
<<

mgfranz

KT-Fellow

Post Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:11 am

I am having the same issue! Quite frustrating... I have uninstalled and reinstalled KT, ensured my permissions are set correctly for the User account and even tried manually creating the Materials folder and unzipping the .mat to a properly named folder, all to no avail. I cannot see any materials, I cannot install any materials. This is a brand new system, a Dell G3 running Win 10 with a Nvidia GeForce 1050 ti. Something in KT is not right! I have never ran into this problem before with my other systems.

Also, what Program Files folder is KT suppose to be installed in? I run 64 bit OS and KT wants to install in the ProgramFiles folder, not the (86) folder, will that make a difference? I did not have a MaterialEditor folder after installing KT, I had to create it as well as the Libraries folder. Creating a folder called Basic Glasses and then unzipping and inserting the files into that folder, the materials still do not show up in KT.

Return to F.A.Q. - How do I...