Kerkythea v3.0 (Boost Edition)

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:21 pm

Kerkythea v3.0 (Boost Edition)

Dear friends,

we know that it has been very long time without upgrades, except for an intermediate one (here in the forum).

This time, we thought to make an "official" upgrade through our webside. There are not many things changed, we didn't want to render all the tutorials / manuals / resources by changing how things work. But we had now the chance to make it official and get Kerkythea 64-bit with a serious speed up.

We decided to call this edition Kerkythea 2018 Boost. It took me some time to realize that's a 10 year upgrade from previous version for a software that is still alive - thanks to you all! Kerkythea stands apart in our heart as a software that has been driven with so much love from the userbase (and the devs!).

Regarding this upgrade now, we made a few changes:
- Kerkythea is now 64-bit (on Windows actually, the installer comes with both 32 & 64-bit executables but on Linux/OSX there are only 64-bit executables now).
- There is a considerable speed-up; up to 50% on Windows and OSX (somewhat less on Linux).
- Upgraded to Fox Toolkit 1.6.57 (unfortunately, in the process we lost localization of the base UI dialogs).

If you want to get this new version, please go to our downloads page:
http://www.kerkythea.net/cms/index.php/downloads

Best wishes
<<

TipsyDog

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:44 pm

Re: Kerkythea v3.0 (Boost Edition)

Yeeeeeeeessssss!!!!!!! I'm happy!!! I'm very happy !!! Thank you that you are with us!
<<

TipsyDog

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:51 pm

Re: Kerkythea v3.0 (Boost Edition)

For 7 years we have been waiting for this event.

Return to News