FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Material scene ready for download

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

rotör

Post Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:26 am

:D Nice to be here.
Thx for quick answers. Very helpful.

"The costum settings are for PM & FG rendering and the exposure = 1.000 and Gamma = 2.2 should not be changed :!: "

Oops! I reseted them :oops: That's why the first one is so dark.

BTW: In the URL and the logo it is spelled "kerkythea".
Very often it is "kerythea" too.
Even at the walls in the material scene.
I'm confused.
This is a block of text that is added to all posts I make.
<<

skunk

Post Wed May 30, 2007 2:20 am

greetings everyone,

i have something that bother me about those both lamps setting patrick. the setting for both lamps for PM & FG are different from the lamp that i get from Insert Menu. could you explaine it please.

Many Thanks
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 30, 2007 4:09 am

Hi skunk

Yes you are right about the Lamps :wink:
This lamps are KT diffuse ( area) lamps and are not accessible from the "normal" insert menu . To be able to use this lamps , you have to use the advanced settings . If you use Blender2KT then you can use them directly from there but if you use a different Modeler then you will have to use KT advanced settings .
The best way to do it inside KT is to insert a "point light ( omni ) " and then in the advanced settings go through your scene tree and find your omni light , by right clicking on it you have the option to change it to a spot light or KT diffuse light . Select the diffuse light and you will see new options on the right side window .Very important to know is that you only can change the color of the diffuse light in the Advanced settings :!: all the other values like multiplier can be changed in the "normal" light panel . You may notice that the settings in the light panel are very similar to the "Emitter" material ( self luminance ) and they work exactly the same way :wink:
The benefit of using this light is that it renders faster then a mesh emitter and have the advantage to emit in one direction just like a mesh emitter
you can adjust the sharpness or softness with the radius value ( another advantage over a mesh emitter )

i hope this can help you a bit

Greetings Patrick
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 30, 2007 4:18 am

One thing more ..... when you have changed your omni light to a Diffuse light , you will see a "Radiance" option . Right click on it and select "constant texture" , then you will see at the right window a RGB value .... right click on it and a color picker will show up , here is where you set the color of your diffuse light ( this is only the color not the power of the light ...... the power of the light is sett with the Multiplier on the light panel , just like you do it with the regular omni and spot lights )

Greetings Patrick
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 30, 2007 4:27 am

Sorry here i am again :lol:

i just check it again and you can do all changes in the normal light panel ( it is working with KT2007 the official release 8) ) so you only have to change the omni light to a diffuse light in the advanced settings and nothing more ( no need to sett the radiance color in the advanced settings , all the settings can be don in the light panel :!:

Greetings Patrick
<<

skunk

Post Wed May 30, 2007 4:35 am

many grateful thanx for your help patrick, now i know where should go. oh yeah 1 more thing (this is bothers me too),inthe oldest version of K ican make a soft shadow for the xterior realistic enough, but not in the newest version like i saw at the gallery menu.but for the interior as good as its seen. am i in the wrong direction for the light setting? :(
btw iam using SU for the modeler.

thanx alot before
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu May 31, 2007 5:04 am

For exteriors I set my sun radius to 50, being sure to check the soft shadow box. If this radius is too soft, try 30, it's a bit more realistic, and works well for indoor shots too.
<<

skunk

Post Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:31 am

fletch..you r great,forgive my foollyness...many thanx
i'll discuss about this again at the right topic of course
<<

d.square

KT-Senior

Post Wed May 06, 2009 9:33 pm

:D :D :D thank you :D :D :D
Attachments
cutie.jpg
Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.

Pablo Picasso
<<

edumilamar

Post Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:58 pm

Re: Material scene ready for download

Hi try to downdload the materials, but i can't becuse i need an user and password. Where can i get the password?

Thanks
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:42 pm

edumilamar wrote:Hi try to downdload the materials, but i can't becuse i need an user and password. Where can i get the password?

Thanks

Site is under upgrade, no date when it's ready. Only forum works at the moment, no file repository.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12283
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

edumilamar

Post Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Ok thanks
<<

mary

Post Mon Aug 08, 2016 10:15 am

What's about this scene optimised for quick PM & FG? Special modelling or what? I'm asking, cause trying to render my old WIP, I can't get as nice light and color leaking as with previous KT's... New renders are somehow artificial...
Maybe have to chnge sth...?
<<

mary

Post Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:49 am

[quote="edumilamar"]Ok thanks[/quote]
<<

Kenedy

Post Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:40 am

I really like what you shared here.Thanks a lot

http://www.soran.edu.iq