FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Lighting issue / cannot save

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Alyeska

Post Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:05 pm

Lighting issue / cannot save

Hi,

I'm fairly new to both sketchup and kerkythea, having used it only a little bit throughout college and I got hired by an architects firm to do renders. (They liked my single render made with kerkythea for school so much they hired me on the spot!)

My latest assignment has been to do a render of a kitchen. I've built the whole model in sketchup and used the kerkythea plugin to create an xml file. All fine and dandy, until I run into someproblems:

1-
I cannot save my file in kerkythea. Under the file dropdown, there is only save image and save scene, but I don't see a place where I can save my file, after doing things like changing textures in kerkythea. I've read that re-installing kerkythea may fix it, and I tried, but I cannot find kerkythea in my "uninstall a program" list under the control panel (where is it hiding????). ... How do I save a file or reinstall this program? That's almost kindof embarrassing to ask...

2-
Grainy shiny textures.
There are some items in this kitchen that are supposed to be shiny metal, like the range, hood range and sinks. After rendering, they look super grainy. I've used a texture from the "NK Metals" pack from the downloads section. What could be causing this? And of course, what steps could I try to see if I can fix it?

Aditionally, I'm dealing with two lanterns in this kitchen that randomly decide to sometimes not emit light, but I need to get home and actually run a few renders to see what I can find out about this. As you can see above, they're not working today. Yesterday they were fine. They're weird lanterns.

Thanks and looking forward to learning more - especially about lighting in this program!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Re: Lighting issue / cannot save

for the lights, make sure they are not sharing 3D position with any other object. for the material, use MLT rendering - NK metals work best with MLT render setting. Either way, for metals you need high quality Anti-aliasing and reflection samples.

Return to SketchUp